(non-rocc) (but rabbit...) wheels and other questions

is there a rabbit mailing list like this one? I think you guys kick ass, but
my rocco is getting parted out (ask me for anything) and I am getting an 84
GTI. i have seen all kinds of pics of GTI's with 16's and 17's and they look
tits, but doesnt that present a rubbing problem? also, this pertains to
roccos too, what is the best, CHEAP susp. i can get. struts, shocks and
springs. BOGE? anybody? tia