Re: ACN tranny?

Sounds exactly like the latest 16v parts car I bought...   after driving 4
hours to look at the car, I discover it's got an ACN tranny.  I didn't know
off the top of my head what that particular code was, but I knew it wasn't a
2Y or an AGB, so I complained a bit about it not having a 16v tranny.  The
guy said the shop that replaced it told him it came from a 16v Jetta.

According to my ratio chart at http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/ratios.jpg it
is NOT a close ratio tranny.  It does have the larger clutch and cv flanges.

I haven't done anything with mine yet, and am not sure whether I will sell
it or use it.  Anybody out there running this tranny?  Maybe my ratio chart
is wrong?

John

'82 16v pickup
and lots of other stuff