Re: I HAVE NO LUCK!!!

--- Rich Deede <rdeed@UDel.Edu> wrote:
> Today was the first day that I drove my car in a month
> and guess what
> happens! I got in to an accident.  Sitting in traffic
> minding my business,
> next thing I know Im rear ended and I slide and hit the
> guy in front of
> me.  The lady who hit my was 65 years old and never even
> hit the brakes.

First thing - were you hurt?  I mean, it doesn't sound like
it...  other than witnessing another Scirocco death.

> Let me just say that I have got some damage.  Rear euro
> bumoer is trashed,
> rear valence of the body kit is bent, A HUGE gash in the
> metal right above
> the bumper but right below the liscence plate area.
> Front euro bumper is
> trashed, hood is all bent in, euro-lights are bent
> inward.Kamei grill is
> done, grill spoiler is done.
> Passenger side door now has to be lifted up to close
> properly(frame
> damage?). there is some kind of clunking from the right
> side front. I
> didn't want to open the hood in fear of not being able to
> shut it.

Welp, here's my advice, as much as I know you don't want to
hear it.  You're gonna have to go through that whole mess
dealing with the insurance company again.  "Buy it back"
and pull the 2.0 and tranny (if it's still good) and
whatever else you can, and find another car.  I *know* you
just did this, but this one is absolutely no question in my
mind, dead.  Even if it were fixed, it wouldn't ever be
quite right.

> Im afraid that Im not going to get reimbursed for the
> euro bumpers and
> lights as I got them used and have no receipts. What
> should I do??

I don't know exactly how you're going to handle this, other
than the adjuster will have to look at the car and you'll
have to explain all about the extras that have been added.

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry