Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:05:33 -0700
From: Sal Guzzo <yu129742@YorkU.CA>
Subject: Re: I think I've been ripped off...

Hey Scott,

I'm in a similar predicament.  The only difference is that I spent $200 and
I live in Canada while the other fucker lives in San Diego.  It's been
nearly two months since my last contact with him.  I don't know what else
to do.  Lemme know if you have any other suggestions.  I'd like to fucking
put my fist right through his front teeth and watch as the blood gushes
down his shirt!!!!!

BTW, where is your character located.  If nearby, one could simply call.  A
call most of the time is good enuf.

GL and keep me informed.....later.

Sal

At 10:03 PM 16/09/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Guys, a few months ago I responded to a post on the r.a.m.v.w.
>newsgroupg for some R&A Design Rabbit big bumpers. I sent ahead a money
>order for *$350* to the seller in good faith. Unfortunately, it looks
>like I've been stiffed. This really sucks and I can't express my
>disappointment in words. In four years of buying goods over the net,
>this is the very first time that someone has jerked me. Damn...
>
>Anyway, I'm not really interested in just sitting here and licking my
>wounds. What recourse do I have? I have the money order receipt and the
>guy's name, email  and mailing addresses. I've also got several emails
>from the seller that show clear intent to engage in the business
>transaction, acknowledgement that the monies were recieved, apologies
>for not shipping, and promises as to when he'd do so. Do I call his
>local police, the FBI, his mother, who? I'm sure that someone else out
>there has been in this shitty position and can offer me some real
>advice.
>--
mo@scirocco.org
Ben Patterson 				Pager - (650)794-8868
Networking/Macintosh			LiNCS - (650)725-4630
Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
CRC-LiNCS/ITSS				Stanford University

"Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries."
					- Wayne, from Wayne's World -