Re: 8th Annual Fall Classic VW Show in NJ

>From: Marc Getty <marc@getty.net>
>Anyone on the list going to the 8th Annual Fall Classic VW Show and Go on
>October 3rd at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ? I just
>saw
>it listed on a show listing page at
>http://members.aol.com/OurVWs/events.html.
>
>Sure would be nice to have a good quantity of Sciroccos there. (uGLi
>Scirocco
>wannabes are also welcome :-))
>
>-Marc

heh heh heh...
I'll be there.  This is the show that my club (Central Jersey VW Society)
puts on. The club is almost all air-cooled, 'cept for a few guys like myself
who go both ways (what did I just say?!?!)- air & water.
I used to get roped into judging the 'watercooled classes'. I used to bitch
about my class always being the biggest, and finally they listened. There is
now another club from North Jersey (Newark,Elizabeth- mostly ricey stuff)
called the German Squad who does the judging.
I help out because I can get in for free and I get a real cool shirt to work
on the car with.  If anyone wants to help and judge or park cars or
whatever, fire me out an e-mail, I'll tell you when & where to meet.

Shit is crazy here with this Hurricane Floyd... I made it out safe, but I
think the band's rehersal studio (and our equipment) is under water.
there's a motorcycle shop that has been burning for 12 hours now, because
the water is so high, they can only put it out with a helicopter and a
bucket.  We're not used to disasters here in NJ!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop