Re: H&R springs

---"Smith, Mike" <msm@team.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I note from scirocco.org that Jason, amongst others is using H&R springs and
> Boge Turbo  dampers. Are the H&R springs you guys use specifically for
> Sciroccos or are they the 'one type fits all' Scirocco 1&2 / Rabbit / Jetta
> types?

When I bought H&R's for Jim & I, Todd at AWE sold me sets he said were
specifically designed for the Scirocco 16v.  H&R used to make Neuspeed
springs, and back when the spring rates were all dialed in by trial & error
experiements, Neuspeed they still cared about springing A1's correctly.
H&R is using that data from the joint Neuspeed design days to make their
springs today.  This is the way I understand it.

> I'm using Boge turbo dampers that are about 10k miles old.

Jim has those too, seemed to work well with his H&R's.

> Mike

==Brett