Re: Related 2.0L 16v Conversion issue

---dcewing1 <dcewing1@cwix.com> wrote:

> On the same note.  I, also, am replacing my 1.8L 16v with a 2.0L and was
> wondering about increasing the compression to maybe 12:1.  Anyone know how
> milling is possible to avoid clearancing problems?  I plan on autoxing it
> and since I wasn't going to turbo it, figured I could increase the
> compression to make a little more hp.  Any help is greatly appreciated or
> if you know someone who would know!!  THANKS!!!
>
> Dave

YOu could probably shave the head down that much, but the clearances are
getting quite tight as it is.   As for running, it would probably run
alright with the KS ignition and high octane gas.  Personally, I don't
know too many people running that much compression.  It is noteworthy
that the larger the bore, the less suseptible to knock engines seem to
be (Lurching Towards Success anyone?).  Maybe you'll be lucky.  I seem
to be able to run large amounts of advance in my bored 2L 16v FWIW.  The
last issue is that much decking isn't allowed by the SCCA autocross
class that you _probably_ want to run the car in.  CSP I'm guessing, and
you'll be taking advantage of the 'single-line-rule' for the Scirocco 2L 16v?
(This hasn't been pushed yet, so it might not be true afterall, I'm
waiting for someone else to be a test-mule on this ruling.)

later!

==Brett