Coolest VW body(was:yipppaaaawwwffuuuuuuc........)

Ya want something that'll knock folks on their ass?

Remember when the mail trucks stopped being Jeeps and started being those
little lo-rider vans? Well, Grumman(sp?) put a bid in to the US Post office
and came up with a cool ALUMINUM little van. It looks a lot like the ones
they currently use, with double doors on the back and sliding doors on the
sides. Anyway, the suspension and motor are none other than DIESEL RABBIT
PARTS!
Yes folks, that means all your favorite engine swaps and suspension mods
will work on this cool mini-truck.
I'm sure there'll be someone to say 'but it's not aerodynamic'- well who
cares? Its cool.
There are 2 in my area- one was a friend of mine who sold it to a local guy
who sells custom euro license plates at the east coast shows. Its tan, if
you get a chance, check it out.
The other one is much cooler. It has a GTI motor, suspension and wheels- and
the coolest part- it says MILK on the side and has a picture of a bottle of
milk and a loaf of bread. ROCK. It was used as a milk truck! Toocool...

Just as the Foxwagen (2 door) is the grown up Squareback, the Grummen is the
modern Fridolin (vw aircooled mailtruck with the ass of a type 2 and the
nose of a type 3- more or less)

Find one of these. Make it real fast. Race it. People will smile.

>From: jonas miller <sjmill@erols.com>

>my obligation is to teh motor, i can throw it in anything i find , since
>i have te motronic unit, and a complete motor on the way, I could scrap
>the  mkII and go withsomething else...aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh  what to
>do what to do?
>
>jonas

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!