Re: Slegato and other models

> "The Slegato is a rebadged Scala"
> IMHO I don't think this is right although the cars are
> quite similar.
> ( The Scala was also available in the same three colors:
> Paprika-red, Alpin-white, Inkablue-metallic )
> But the VW codes for the Slegato (S701) and the Scala
> (S708)
> are different, so there should be more than a different
> batch ?!

Cool.  So I'm looking for the paint code for "Inka blue
metallic" for if / when I repaint the '85...

> "only the first Scalas were color coded, if at all"
> Speaking of german Scalas,
> I can't agree to this statement either, even the latest
> german scala models ( I have a Scala-brochure of 1991 )
> were color coded .

Ok, that was my original thought, but was going by Andy's
experience.  And I'd *love* to see that brochure!!!

> on the other hand I don't think this is important.
> The main thing is that Olivers Slegato-Scirocco looks
> awesome
> and that he will have fun with his car however it is
> called on the badge...

I agree - it's a damn nice car.  Maybe we can get him to
come to the Cincy meet in May.  (Or in September for that
matter...)

Once again - we bow to thee Dirk.  :)  What are *your*
plans for May...  any chance YOU could make it over?  (I'd
guess there would be enough people on this list who would
chip in some cash for a plane ticket...)

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry