Re: Slegato and other models

>Those wheels which are known as the "Scala" alloys are ten a penny in the
UK. I
>am always seeing them for sale secondhand for circa £100 for four. This
could be

Andy is right here.
The rims on the Scala are called "Avus" , they're considered mainly as
just good enough to put on the winter tires here.
Lots of Sciroccos were equipped with those "Avus" wheels here "by factory",
both of my GTX had them too (at first ).

"The Slegato is a rebadged Scala"
IMHO I don't think this is right although the cars are quite similar.
( The Scala was also available in the same three colors:
Paprika-red, Alpin-white, Inkablue-metallic )
But the VW codes for the Slegato (S701) and the Scala (S708)
are different, so there should be more than a different batch ?!

"only the first Scalas were color coded, if at all"
Speaking of german Scalas,
I can't agree to this statement either, even the latest
german scala models ( I have a Scala-brochure of 1991 )
were color coded .

on the other hand I don't think this is important.
The main thing is that Olivers Slegato-Scirocco looks awesome
and that he will have fun with his car however it is called on the badge...

Dirk