RE: Slegato and other models

Those wheels which are known as the "Scala" alloys are ten a penny in the UK. I
am always seeing them for sale secondhand for circa £100 for four. This could be
an option if you can't find any in the US. In addition there are plenty of
places that will recondition and then colour to whatever spec you require over
here.(I assume the same over there) Obviously we have a large ocean in the
middle but if needs must.

Just a bye the bye and nothing personal but the white cars with colour coded
lights, wheels, kit, grille etc are the least sought after over here (and
consequently the cheapest) and the buying guides always suggest to steer
clear(They always seem to look tatty for some reason). I make this point as the
parts would be cheaper to obtain in the UK relative to other colours in the UK.
I think this "negative" image has much to do with our weather (makes them a
bugger to keep clean) plus the "hairdresser" image that they have had applied
(unfairly) to them.

Anyway if you really have a problem then contact me and i'll put you in touch
with a breakers who i know have these wheels all the time.

Andy
91 Scala 8V

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> on 14/09/99 16:16:20