Re: rough sunday for the winter rocc!!!

>Well I figured it was about time to call on our old friend Brett V
>once agian to assist me in all things Rocco requiring knowledge
>.....the installation of some used Boge shocks and HOR springs
>(yeah I know but it is my winter car they will do!!!!)
>
>Little known to Neal Tovsen and I the owner prior to us or TESPO
>(The Evil Stupid Previous Owner as I like to call him) had done some
>very interesting modifications to the front suspension.  After removing
>the old struts it was found that one of the front strut caps was
>welded on to the strut.......no problem good old Brett had a spare strut for
>his ITB car so we used that one......well it didnt stop there the
>srtut caps on the other strut and the one Brett gave me would not come
>off...out came the hacksaw and off came the now destroyed
>caps...well no problem there.....with a little looking around through Bretts
>boxes of goodies out came two strut caps....now we had done it
>everything was looking good....now it was time to re-assemble....well you
>didnt think it was going to be that easy did you????...well I think not!!!
>one more blast of stupidity from TESPO..the spacers that would go
>inside the strut bearing allowing it to move freely like it is supposed
>to were missing and unlike the other problems brett could only find
>one extra spacer...so now off to the hardware store to find something
>to make a spacer with..well after that the rest went as normal as it
>could and now we are finished....but I really have to let everyone know
>how helpful the man is I really really appreciate it and I would have
>thanked him more but I had major GF problems at home which had
>arisen and needed to be taken care of so I was out of there quickly...so
>I figured verbally giving Brett a big pat on the back would be
>called for....now that the job is done I need to replenish the things
>that I took from brett anyone have these things laying around
>
>     strut tower
>     srtut tower caps (2)
>     strut bearing spacer thingies?(2)
>

>     my cars thank him!!!!
>
>     later
>

>     oh yeah he is the man for guage faces!!!!!!!!!
>
>===
>Michael Leach--Rochester,NY

Gee, thanks Mike!  Appreciate it, I hope you weren't in _too_ deep
when you got home.  Actually, I need a strut asap because I have to
give them to Greg West (the wrecked racer rabbit) so the car can
be moved...it has no front suspension right now, and the coilover
perches have never been used...so a couple of used pieces are required
to move the car to my house.  Maybe I should start charging you guys! :)
Hey, I could get a discount at the parts suppliers for being a 'garage'!

later!

==Brett