rough sunday for the winter rocc!!!

     Well I figured it was about time to call on our old friend Brett V

     once agian to assist me in all things Rocco requiring knowledge
     .....the installation of some used Boge shocks and HOR springs
(yeah
     I know but it is my winter car they will do!!!!)

     Little known to Neal Tovsen and I the owner prior to us or TESPO
(The
     Evil Stupid Previous Owner as I like to call him) had done some
very
     interesting modifications to the front suspension.  After removing
the
     old struts it was found that one of the front strut caps was
welded on
     to the strut.......no problem good old Brett had a spare strut for
his
     ITB car so we used that one......well it didnt stop there the
srtut
     caps on the other strut and the one Brett gave me would not come
     off...out came the hacksaw and off came the now destroyed
caps...well
     no problem there.....with a little looking around through Bretts
boxes
     of goodies out came two strut caps....now we had done it
everything was
     looking good....now it was time to re-assemble....well you didnt
think
     it was going to be that easy did you????...well I think not!!!
one
     more blast of stupidity from TESPO..the spacers that would go
inside
     the strut bearing allowing it to move freely like it is supposed
     were missing and unlike the other problems brett could only find
one
     extra spacer...so now off to the hardware store to find something
     make a spacer with..well after that the rest went as normal as it
could
     and now we are finished....but I really have to let everyone know
how
     helpful the man is I really really appreciate it and I would have
     thanked him more but I had major GF problems at home which had
arisen
     and needed to be taken care of so I was out of there quickly...so
     figured verbally giving Brett a big pat on the back would be
called
     for....now that the job is done I need to replenish the things
that I
     took from brett
     anyone have these things laying around

     strut tower
     srtut tower caps (2)
     strut bearing spacer thingies?(2)

     my cars thank him!!!!

     later

     oh yeah he is the man for guage faces!!!!!!!!!

===
Michael Leach--Rochester,NY
87 16v Red semi-show
87 16v Black winter