Brake Help und SWEET MK1 sighting

Ok - I got a hole in my brake fluid tubing.  It is
that stiff copper line that runs from the master
cylinder to the brakes.  It is just a pinhole, but all
the fluid leaked out when I accidentally made it a
larger pinhole....  Is there any way to fix this
without having to replace the whole tubing?  It is the
right rear brake. My scirocco has been down for a
month while I waited on what turned out to be the
wrong part..

Also - I saw a SWEET mk1 this afternoon.  It was in
Durango, CO (my new town) and I have only met one
other person here that had a scirocco which was more
than a beater.  It was hunter green with a big black
air-dam.  Possibly a listee from Denver/Co. Spgs
attending college down here?

TIA for the help.  I have been off the list for a
while, but with an totalled 16v coming into my
posession soon with hopes for a transplant, I should
be around a little more ;)

Mark
84 8v (with leaky brake lines)
87 Westfalia (with a leaky gas tank)