Re: relaying my 16v computers on my '81 scirocco

>If this is what you did no wonder it wont start . I know its exactly what I
>did the first time also . The red/yel and the red/wht on my set up are not
>used at all at this time .
>The only two I used to power are the red/blk and blk . try hooking just
>these
>two up to + and listen to see if your Idle stabilizer is humming , if it
>does
>go ahead and start cranking . If its hooked up correctly the idle stabilzer
>will always be on when the key is in the on position.

I can't remember if I replied to this... Using many different computers.

Yeah, the idle stabilizer hums when the ignition is turned on.

I put the relay in per your advice, and I know it works cause there are
other relays (like the fuel pump relay) which work when the fuel system
works correctly. The relay I installed remains on when I'm trying to start
the car.

I guess it comes down to: everything works perfectly until I try starting
the car... at which point, everything appears to be working fine, except I
get no spark coming out of the coil, or at the ends of the plug wires.

There is a wire from Terminal #50 of the starter... It's the only thing I
can think of... what does this wire do? It's currently hooked up the way it
was in the Jetta... from #50 on the starter, to wherever it originally went
in the CIS-E harness (don't have the Bentley in front of me).

>For now you can just hot wire it for testing purposes . Just try it W/O the
>white stripe wires and give me a call .

May I? Could I call you Sunday afternoon? I'd be in a life debt to you for
this, you know. And maybe a fruit basket, too.

-Dave