Re: Paint Job Quote?

SubConSk8@aol.com wrote:

> How much have people payed for paint jobs of there Roccos? Just trying to
> figure out how much it will cost me to get a paint job...Also, include what
> your paint job was like (i.e. metallic, super gloss, quality of paint,
> etc.)...Also, the guy from Kirkland (sorry cant remember name) w/ the Kermit
> green car, I lost your email, so please email me.

I'm about to get mine done, in original Tornado Red.. I've had one quote
of about $4k, and another in the same ballpark given sight-unseen.  That's
obviously a bit high, but this is for an anal-quality, "do it right", full-on
high quality respray, including pulling the body kit and painting it off the
car, etc.  I've got to get off my arse and get this done.. I want to start
hitting the show circuit!

On that note - if anyone has an EXCELLENT shop they can recommend in SoCal,
I'm all ears.  I've yet to decide for sure where it's gonna be done.  I
prefer to stay away from conventional body shops, they tend to look down
their noses at a 'roc.  I prefer a German shop that appreciates the car
to some degree, or a restoration-type of place....

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0