Portland Cruise Update

Hey all Scirocco aficionados!

    Well, the cruise is only a few weeks away (Oct. 2), and well...........
my Scirocco decided to take a s***!!  The fuel pump relay burned up and I am
in dire need of having some major adjustments done to my car.  But, I should
have no problems getting things in order in time...

    We will be meeting on Saturday morning, October 2 at a yet to be
disclosed location.  Meeting time: 10:30am -- that's right, 10:30am.  That
means that all you Seattle people who like to have your cruise-outs start at
8:00am which forces us Portlanders to rise and shine at about 4:00am and race
up north to be there in time... you get to sleep in!!!!!     :p   <------
that's for Andre

    We will then travel east about 45 minutes or so to Multnomah Falls (I
know I know, we just saw waterfalls) but these ones are different!!  Instead
of viewing them initially from the top and hiking to the bottom, we get to
see these ones from the bottom and hike to the top!!  Yay!  There is a
kick-ass bridge about halfway up too.  Not to mention the nice drive through
the Columbia gorge.

    After that we will head back to Portland.  Then it is off to a killer
network of tight winding roads right outside of town to work our cars'
suspension systems (conservatively of course).  After which we will end up at
either the Rock Creek or Helvetia Tavern... haven't decided between the two
yet... or we may even hit the Widmer Brewing Co. joint, not sure.

    Anyway, that is what is on tap for the Portland Cruise-out and though it
may sound ultra similar to previous cruise-outs and lack originality, I think
that it will have it's own flavor.

    More info, details, instructions, directions, interrogations, etc. to
come.

Ben
88 16v Scirocco
that is running like a Yugo on two cylinders