Re: Portland Cruise Update

Well I will be arriving in Seattle on Sept.29. I figure what a way to check
out a new place then go on a cruise. Count me in even though I may have to
take the Passat since my roc may still be on the trailer from Iowa. Cant
wait to see ya guys.

At 02:09 AM 9/9/99 -0400, Vaughn8v@aol.com wrote:
>Hey all Scirocco aficionados!
>
>    Well, the cruise is only a few weeks away (Oct. 2), and well...........
>my Scirocco decided to take a s***!!  The fuel pump relay burned up and I am
>in dire need of having some major adjustments done to my car.  But, I should
>have no problems getting things in order in time...
>
>    We will be meeting on Saturday morning, October 2 at a yet to be
>disclosed location.  Meeting time: 10:30am -- that's right, 10:30am.  That
>means that all you Seattle people who like to have your cruise-outs start at
>8:00am which forces us Portlanders to rise and shine at about 4:00am and
race
>up north to be there in time... you get to sleep in!!!!!     :p   <------
>that's for Andre
>
>    We will then travel east about 45 minutes or so to Multnomah Falls (I
>know I know, we just saw waterfalls) but these ones are different!!  Instead
>of viewing them initially from the top and hiking to the bottom, we get to
>see these ones from the bottom and hike to the top!!  Yay!  There is a
>kick-ass bridge about halfway up too.  Not to mention the nice drive through
>the Columbia gorge.
>
>    After that we will head back to Portland.  Then it is off to a killer
>network of tight winding roads right outside of town to work our cars'
>suspension systems (conservatively of course).  After which we will end up
at
>either the Rock Creek or Helvetia Tavern... haven't decided between the two
>yet... or we may even hit the Widmer Brewing Co. joint, not sure.
>
>    Anyway, that is what is on tap for the Portland Cruise-out and though it
>may sound ultra similar to previous cruise-outs and lack originality, I
think
>that it will have it's own flavor.
>
>    More info, details, instructions, directions, interrogations, etc. to
>come.
>
>Ben
>88 16v Scirocco
>that is running like a Yugo on two cylinders
>
>--

Thank You for your Time,
     Shannon Fenton
	Retail/Carrier Technical Analyst