Re: 2.0 L Block for 16V?

Bill Scarince wrote:

> Like Christian Els, I'm new to the list, just bought a Scirocco (88), & plan to
> pull the engine/transaxel and go through it completely.  My question: I've heard
> and read about the 2.0 block that will (almost) bolt into the car and fit the
> existing 16V head.  Since I'll have it all apart, it seems like this would be
> the time to do the swap.

Right!

> What models is this 2.0 L block from?

The '90-'92 Passat, '90.5-'92 GTI 16V or Jetta GLI all have the 2.0 16V motor.
They aren't all that hard to find in junkyards or otherwise secondhand..

> What's the downside of doing this exchange (besides more $)?

Zilch, zero, nada.. it's all good man... VERY healthy upgrade over the 1.8, as
Shine Racing Service says, "much more than the HP difference would imply".
Go for it!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0