Re: 16v tranny machined itself! (parts)

On Wed, 08 Sep 1999 10:45:37 -0500 Slim <falzsf@home.com> writes:
>Oh I see well I don't have the gutz to tear apart that tranny. YET heh.
>looked through the manual (Bentley) and that sucker looks confusing,
>not to mention you need lots of specialty tools!

Its NOT a simple job. It is a very "specialty tool intensive" project. I
tore mine apart after it blew just to see whats inside and whjat failed.
(See my web site for pics.) I had problems geting it completely apart.
Dissassembly is always much easier than assembly dont forget. Its better
left to an experienced person to do although its on my list of things "To
learn".

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and