Re: [non-rocco] high octane (mix your own?)

Hi,
I think that he meant that it is a waste of money to buy excessively high octane.
If there is no pre-detonation there is no real benefit to a higher octane gas.
Octane rating is based on not igniting. Low octane gas 'pings' because compression
and heat ignite it. High octane gas is harder to ignite. This is why it can work
in high compression engines.
John