Re: 16v tranny machined itself! (parts)

In a message dated 9/8/99 10:18:29 AM Central Daylight Time, ghuff@htech.com
writes:

<<  Gary Huff
 B.T.W. if they crack open a trans install a bolt kit, rebuild everything,
 and what not (you bringing it to them) expect to pay about $500 for a decent
 job, little more for a good one. If they have to pull the tranny you better
 just bend over because add the $350 of labor most places charge for pulling
 a VW trans.  >>

   I just dropped off my transmission on Monday.  A local NC VW autocrosser
owns a speed shop and is doing it for $400.  He knows his sh$t with them too.
 Problem is that I'm not going to have it back for at least 3 weeks because
he's going to Nationals in Topeka & will be busy when he gets back.  Oh well,
I guess this gives me time to finish polishing my intake manifold.  You
should see it, its looking GREAT.
Dan May
8716VScirocco
95Pathfinder