Re: powerless power window (regulator?)

** Reply to note from Richard and Michelle Pizzulo <pez18@zebra.net> Tue, 07 Sep 1999 16:42:12 -0500

> My passenger side power window is on the fritz only arising when assisted
> with a slight push forward. I understand that this is a frequent prob with
> the roc? I have an 84' 8valve Wolfs. Questions:
>
> 1) Does this sound like the regulator, or just some adjustment?

  Does it make a ticking, grinding sound? If yes, it is missing teeth in the
regulator.

  If you just feel the motor huffing and puffing, it is an adjustment.

> If it is the regulator:
>
> 2) Where (besides a salvage yard) is there to get one, and how much?

  CAN $550 at the dealer. Find a salvege yard.

> 3) Is this part Scirocco specific, or can I yank one out of another VW
> that would be compatible?

  It is Scirocco specific. Someone told me the Jetta ones *may* be fitted,
but I don't see how to do that without surgery.

> Anything else any one can tell me about this would be greatly appreciated.

  Well, I hope this helps you put things in perspective. I drove for a year
with a non-op driver side window, until I could get a used unit at CAN $120.

        Jean-Claude
        ICQ: 47403427