powerless power window (regulator?)

My passenger side power window is on the fritz only arising when
assisted with a slight push forward.  I understand that this is a
frequent prob with the roc?  I have an 84' 8valve Wolfs.
Questions:

1)  Does this sound like the regulator, or just some adjustment?

If it is the regulator:

2)  Where (besides a salvage yard) is there to get one, and how much?

3)  Is this part Scirocco specific, or can I yank one out of another VW
that would be compatible?

Anything else any one can tell me about this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
-=Rick