Re: why does pennzoil smell so nasty?

Gary Huff wrote:

> was'nt there a huge discussion about how something in castrol (an
> anti-foaming agent if I remember) actually ate away at VW camshafts causing
> flatspotting and premature wear. Any comments?

I remember finding some VW FAQ a couple of years ago someplace on the
net that had all kinds of nasty things to say about Castrol, and how
their formula was causing premature wear.  It concluded by saying that
they had since "fixed" whatever it was that was so bad.  Don't recall
the source, but they made a big case out of it, and *sounded* plausible.
Then again a lot of stuff you read on the net sounds plausible and is
100% bullshit.. so who knows?

> P.S. yes pennzoil does smell shitty, my friend swears by it and I think he
> is on drugs

Maybe he's on Pennzoil??  :0

-kc-
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0