Pennzoil smells nasty?

> was'nt there a huge discussion about how something in castrol (an
> anti-foaming agent if I remember) actually ate away at VW camshafts causing
> flatspotting and premature wear. Any comments? P.S. yes pennzoil does smell
> shitty, my friend swears by it and I think he  is on drugs

I don't want to start an oil war here, but I have long believed that Mobil 1 is
the best oil you can buy, I use 0W30 in my Scirocco. While it is unbelievably
expensive, and other oils may beat it an a price/performance ratio, it is worth
it to me. Am I wrong?

I change my oil and filter every 3000 to 3200 miles without fail, I think this
will contribute to the hopefully long life of my engine.

-Marc

'74 VW Thing - http://getty.net/thing/ FORSALE in Philly!
'81 Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 178,000 miles
'84 Jetta GLi SLC with only 164,275 miles
'87 Scirocco 16V with 164,000 Miles, just got it on 7/2/99