From: the mad bastard [mailto:the-mad-bastard@home.com]
Sent: Monday, September 06, 1999 7:30 PM
To: rocco list
Subject: why does pennzoil smell so nasty?

    does anyone out there think that pennzoil smells nasty?  i just finished
changing the oil in my car, and the damn car stanks now, too.

    it's a holiday today, so of course everything is closed.  because of
this, i wasn't able to get some castrol GTX (castrol is the best oil in the
frickin world, AFAIK).  anyways, a gas station had the pennzoil 10W40 on
hand, so i picked up 4L of it.  before i put it in the car, i took a whiff
of one of the bottles and checked the label again to see if i had bought
tranny fluid or something!

    anyways, because the airbox has been moved to the passenger side of the
car,  the crankcase ventilation hose is no longer connected to the airbox,
and now the car reeks.  argh.

    so what's the deal?  did i get a bad batch, or is this how they usually
smell?

jason
the mad bastard