Re: self machining 16v

Gary Huff wrote:

> My 16v self machined itself, beware it was an 86 with about 150k
> miles. What is the lesson learned here? VW TRANSMISSIONS FUCKING
> SUCK#*$)*#$@)*)#@* end: /rant I am so pissed off its disgusting. God damn
> cheap rivets.

My 16v tranny (also an '86.5) self destructed on the original owner
at about 50k and was rebuilt under warranty.  Now at 116k, and it
feels like it's got a LOT of life left in it.. synchros perfect
and all.. hopefully it was rebuilt with a bolt kit.

-kc-
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0 (w/ cheesy 020)
'99 GTI GLX (w/ REAL crappy 02J + cable shifter - arrgh!)