x-flow 2.0 8v

this week-end my friend (Luc) installed a crossflow 2.0 8v in his
friend's (Fred "the botch head") 84 rocco. Since i'm doing the same swap
into my rocco and had already figured out the wiring for the motronic,
Luc asked me to do it for him.
The wiring took a couple hours, plugged it all together ... and no go,
there was no spark!
came back the next day to go over it again.. and still nothing. Finally
last night i decided to run every electrical test in the bentley... and
what'da know the ground for the hall sender was showing 12Mohms instead
of 1.5ohms .. turns out that one of the pins on the engine harness was
full of that green corrosion crap, cleaned it (and a few more connectors
at the ECU) and SPARK!!
so we tried to start it, then BAM!! BAM!! .. major backfire, shook the
whole house! i checked the timing belt, and my friend had used the wrong
mark to aligned the intermediate shaft. Lined it up properly and it
started right up!

didn't get a chance to drive it yet, the exhaust is going on tonight.

if you wanna see pics of it go to:
http://scirocco.psycode.com/fred/

-nigel.
"The world is botch." -Paul Maione.