New 'rocco owner with questions

Hey all.  Just bought an '84, and I have a few questions.
First of all, whilst heading down the highway in 5th at 80, the tranny
decided to drop out of 5th and into neutral (therefore over-revving the
engine).  I shifted back to 5th, and a while later it happened again.
No warning, nada.  5th to neutral.  Any ideas on how to adjust the
shifter so it stays in gear?
Second, the car I bought (silver '84, 5 speed) is mostly stock except
for the K &N  and a 268 degree Autotech cam.  What kind of increase in
hp and torque am I getting with the bigger cam?  And, does anyone know
of a source for an adjustable cam gear?
Lastly (for now, anyways), I am a BIG fan of guages,  and my 'rocco
doesn't have nearly enough.  Any ideas on how to get more guages into my
dash?  I would be more than happy to remove the ashtray if need be.
Last thing (for real!!).  I have a friend who is a huge Volvo freak, and
he's been dealing with IPD for a long time (lots and lots of Volvo parts
mailorder).  Does anyone know of a similar place to get VW parts
(besides Neuspeed, of course).