Re: Loose Steering Wheel

<x-flowed>Two things; there is a 24mm nut under the horn button cover and there is
also a u-joint at thee end of the column that is retained by a 13mm nut and
bolt that could bee suspect but more importantly there is a bearing that has
a tendency to fall out of the bottom of the steering column and that can
usually be remedied by sliding the bearing back into the column and securing
it from happening again by putting a hose clamp on the column shaft itself
to hold the bearing in place.HTH

>From: SubConSk8@aol.com
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Loose Steering Wheel
>Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:52:43 EDT
>
>I have established the my loose steering column is in fact the steering
>wheel...How do I go about tightening the steering wheel's connection to the
>steering column?
>
>Stephen Mull
>'86 8v Rocco Black
>Seattle, WA