Re: performance strut bearing question

<x-flowed>>From where I am the aftermarket strut bearings are cheaper to get than the
originals. Just get used strut bearings from a 78 Dasher and put the
urethane inserts into that. Just make sure to use lots of silicone lube when
assembling. I have found that if you just buy the urethan inserts and the
used bearings and housings you save about 20$.HTH
p.s. about the contorl arm bushings: they are very cool and pretty easy to
install just make sure you use thee silicone there too

>From: Vaughn8v@aol.com
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: performance strut bearing question
>Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:38:58 EDT
>
>Which is a good aftermarket strut bearing?  Autotech?  Does it affect at
>all
>the ride height (stance) of the vehicle?  Is it worth the $$, or are
>standard
>VW strut bearings sufficient?  I just bought HOR springs, and am going to
>buy
>Boge struts, and I have been pondering the strut bearing idea.  Either way
>think that I am going to replace them.  Also, anybody had experiences with
>the polyeurethane control arm bushing, etc.?  Worth the moolaa?
>
>Ben
>88 "Flash Silver Metallic" 16v Scirocco
>
>--

Chris DeLong