Re: performance strut bearing question

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 Vaughn8v@aol.com wrote:

> Which is a good aftermarket strut bearing?  Autotech?  Does it affect at all
> the ride height (stance) of the vehicle?  Is it worth the $$, or are standard
> VW strut bearings sufficient?  I just bought HOR springs, and am going to buy
> Boge struts, and I have been pondering the strut bearing idea.  Either way I
> think that I am going to replace them.  Also, anybody had experiences with
> the polyeurethane control arm bushing, etc.?  Worth the moolaa?

First things first, RETURN the HOR Techs, they SUCK!  Next, call Mike
Potter at Virtual World Parts (www.parts4vws.com) and have him set you up
with a set of H&R Springs and Bilstein shocks....you will be TEN times
happier with that setup.  And yes, poly is worth it if you like the little
more harshness and the roads where you like aren't that bad.

Don't know about the strut bearing thing

Eric