Re: Update on my rocco

--- Scirocco Boy <scirocco@dog.com> wrote:
> Hi guys! Time to let you know what's up and stuff
> with my new car and some
> favors to ask of you... Here's what I know...
>        -I was wrong - it's an 80, not 81 as I first
> thought.
>        -My AC works so perfectly, it kills me!
>        -I need interior help BAD. This is the favor
> part... I need: A new
> dash,

Can't help ya.

         carpet,

this can be had from many sources, from JC Whitney on
up.

 the hydrolic lift things for
> the
>         hatch door,

Pep Boys sells these (they usually have them in stock,
much to my surprise). Pricey though, about $27 ea.

 the lid thing that covers the
> trunk and is attached to the
>         hatch,

Very tough one, Can't help ya.

 and the sun visors... If anyone has
>         this stuff to share or wouldn't mind giving
> a poor college student a
>       hand, i'd love you forever...

Sorry, I'm married.

 Let's see... > Things run fairly well, the rear
defrost is broken,

The "feed" wire between the hatch and the body is
probably cracked (broken circuit). Check these wires
and re-solder if necessary (assmes switch and fuse are
good).

> and all the switches and
> the like on the dash climate control work very VERY
> half assed. There is some
> wiring difficulties throughout, but i figured that
> would be happening... So,
> who wants to give me a hand! I'll keep you filled in
> as i get maintenence done
> too!

Find a lister close by, wherever you are . . .

> Ok, since apparently this post never made the cut to
> the list, i'll repost it.
>  Also, a new thing has come up.  As I was driving
> yesterday, my stick shifter
> became 'unattached' from the gears.  After a little
> struggling, I was able to
> get it to go into gear.  I had trouble especially
> with reverse and first.  One
> buddy says I need a new 'pin and a spring'(?) one
> other says a link may be
> broke...  Any ideas?  Please help!

You're gonna have to get under the car and look at all
the linkage.

Good luck!

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM