Re: fatty rear tires

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> How can the Reiger kit be rice and your MK-1 kit NOT be?

Sigh, I thought that my scathing remarks were beyond reproach. Okay, I will
attempt to educate the masses -especially you, *SEAN*. The Reiger kit is rice
because it seriously compromises the car in the interest of enhancing
aesthetics. This is *exactly* why we give the Honda people grief!

Now, the mild fender flares in "my" Mk1 kit are actually practical. The front
airdam doesn't have to flare out at the ends to meet the flares but that's
minor. Honestly, though, I think I'd rather have the stock S-model airdam up
front for a more subtle appearance. This has little to do with style, though.
I'm talking tech! Don't you know that my sense and judgement are infallible?
Its just me and the Pope, baby!

> Damn it! I KNEW when you lost the dreads your mind would return to its
> natural state. (Mush state U!) :)

Yeah, well you got me there. I have lost it completely! That's what driving a
Rabbit GTI for a few years instead of a Scirocco will do to a guy. :^)

> Dale said he only added 8lbs total.

Very impressive and entirely not typical, I'm sure!

> If you have the added HP on tap the wider wheels would be a definate plus

-to a point only. Besides the HP is coming out of the front -not the back.
And with that wheel width bias, the added power in the front only makes the
situation worse!

> and I KNOW the aerodynamics have GOT to be better than the stock numbers.

Yeah, RIGHT! :^) Hee hee... Waaaahhahahaha.. hoo hoo waaaaahaahaha.... Talk
about frontal area! Waaaa- *cough/ hack/ choke* Whoa... I shouldn't laugh
like that. Wow... (Scott wipes tears from his eyes and spittle from his
chin.)

> (Damn you, I will sit on your chest until you open your eyes!) LOL!!

:^) Just don't fart on me, dude. I hate it when you do that. ;^)

> Naw, thats OK. *sigh*. The mental image is painful enough....... :)

Heh, my evil plans are working after all. Hoohahahaha.... *cough*
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut