5 cyl TDI(was...Re: VW & Toyota)

Nope - it's 4cyl engines.  The I5 would never fit in the golf. Don't think there is a diesel VRanything at the moment.
The 4cyl 1.9 TDIs are good for 130/140bhp with just a simple chip & intercooler upgrade.  The stock 110BHP version is almost as quick 0-60 as the MK4 GTI.
Diesel sciroccos - now there's a project!

Ewan Hopkins.

>>> "Chris Chemidlin" <spredhaus@hotmail.com> 20/10/99 14:49:01 >>>
>From: drew <drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca>
>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Ewan Hopkins wrote:
>
> > I wasn't aware that any VWs came with an I5 diesel.

>The Eurovan (successor to the Vanagon) used an I5 diesel powerplant for
>several years up here in the great white North.  I thought I heard rumours
>of them using a VR5 version of the TDI in future vans?
>
>Drew

Is the I5 TDI or the VR5 TDI the motor in the 3 VW Motorsport Golfs that are
cleaning up overseas?  Those cars are the coolest. 5 door TDI's whoopin the
entire field....

That's the car to buy if you're looking at a new VW... Smack around the
riceboys for a while AND get 40mpg...

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop
84 Jetta uGLi

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message and any files transmitted
with it have been swept by the Computeraid IT Services Department for the
presence of computer viruses.

To find out about the Services Computeraid can offer, visit us at
                                                                                www.computeraid.co.uk