5 cyl TDI(was...Re: VW & Toyota)

<x-flowed>>From: drew <drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca>
>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Ewan Hopkins wrote:
>
> > I wasn't aware that any VWs came with an I5 diesel.

>The Eurovan (successor to the Vanagon) used an I5 diesel powerplant for
>several years up here in the great white North.  I thought I heard rumours
>of them using a VR5 version of the TDI in future vans?
>
>Drew

Is the I5 TDI or the VR5 TDI the motor in the 3 VW Motorsport Golfs that are
cleaning up overseas?  Those cars are the coolest. 5 door TDI's whoopin the
entire field....

That's the car to buy if you're looking at a new VW... Smack around the
riceboys for a while AND get 40mpg...

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus