Re: ground effects

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:08:00 -0800 Nathan Malone <nmalone@sumagroup.com>
writes:
>O.K.
>Somebody has got to know something man.

Yeah, I know something, man.

>this can't be a brick wall, please tell me it can't.

Ok, just for you, "it cant"!

>I have been working on the engine for a long while
>and am not even close to done,(I want a 10sec 1/4 mi damn it)
>but for now it's plenty to leave the average honda boy in
>my tire smoke.

Engine-engine-engine. You need more engine.

>My point is I need a ground effects kit.

<Devil's advocate mode -ON- >
Why? First of all you don't go fast enough for the ground effects to even
work. F1, CART and the IRL guys don't see benefits from the big ass wings
and the complicated ground effects they have until well over 160mph.

Second, "ground effects" or body kits add weight which, to the 10 second
club seeker will defeat the purpose.

>I have looked and asked everywhere.
>Does anybody know anything on this?

See above. Body kits are for the most part, cosmetic. Unless of course
you deskin the original sheet metal off the car and conjure up some
functional carbon fiber skins do give the performance your after.

This would do 2 things. Lighten the car since we all know CF weighs so
much less than sheet metal and also reshape the car to give you some
downforce while not adding drag. CF is not mandatory as you could use
fiberglass which isn't as strong or light but its still lighter than
stock sheet metal. This of course costs money and  lots of it, especially
if your paying someone else to do the work.

>please for the love of clowning on hondas,
>somebody have some info.

To get into the 10's you will need ALOT of motor (14-1 CR and lots of
displacement while lightening the hell out of the car) if not including
NOS and/or a turbo.
Good luck and do more research on drag racing if you want to learn about
how to make your car faster by simply tuning it.
GL!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and