Re: speaking of rear mufflers

At 10:12 am -0400 15/10/99, Rich Deede wrote:
>SuperSprints are pretty loud without a cat, but you can get a resonator
>put in that will make the car Ultra quiet. Thats what I have on mine.
>Sounds good, just not loud.

The thing with Supersprint mufflers is that they DO go bad.  The cases are
not stainless, and although some of the packing inside them is stainless,
most of it isnt'.  They'll blow out after 3-4 years, depending on
conditions, and when they do they get loud and obnoxious.  When they're
new, they're like buttah, but I'd think twice before buying one used...

Oh, another thing about 'sprint mufflers - Supersprint discontinued the
dual-oval tipped muffler a little while ago, and they're now No Longer
Available.  The only box they have for a Scirocco has dual round (90mm)
tips.  Go http://www.supersprint.com/vw/vw07.htm there for pics!

List price, btw, is $500CDN from RPI...