Re: 2nd gear grind - solution

Hello

> For those of you (myself included) who get grinding first
> Depress clutch, move shifter from first to neutral, then
> release clutch.  Depress clutch again and shift to second.
> Works every time, with no grind.
> Daun Yeagley

yes, i learned that from lister Macsek when he visited me.
it works but mostly I'm too lazy for that.
it's called "zwischenkuppeln" here in Germany and was
a common thing to shift on most cars about 3 decades ago,
and still used on the older Bundeswehr ( military ) MAN trucks here.
The older transmissions could not synchronize at all.

this is definitely a weak point of the VW tranny
as so many people have this problem.
I have it on both of my Sciroccos and I hate it.

have a nice weekend !
Dirk