Some Problems Resolved...

<x-flowed>Well, the list of probs is shrinking...

	I figured out what was causing the amp on my stereo to blow
when I revved the engine hard. I ran the speaker wire to the front
left crossover within about 6 inches of the power cable at a right
angle, which should theoretically be ok. I regrounded everything on
the car (and grounded the amp to multiple places on the frame),
sanded all the grounds, changed out some wires.... After about 20
hours of this madness, decided to try the stereo one channel at a
time (i.e. 3 corners of the setup instead of 4). Turns out that the
front wire was causing some kind of induction loop when the engine
was floored, regardless of what the rpm's were at, which would then
make the speakers crackle and then the amp would blow. So I moved the
wire further away and it's lessened a bunch. I need to go buy another
length of wire to really solve the problem because the one that is
there now is too short to really get it away from the power cable.
	I haven't had the chance to work on the wiper relay issues
(sucker only works on high).
	I think the idle problems at cold start (car starts then dies
until it is warm) might be caused by an air bypass hose that is
suctioning in on itself. Dunno... I should be picking up the
replacement today.
	Haven't had the time to put in the short shift, or relay the
lights yet. Hopefully next week. I'm working waaaaaaay too much....

			Anyways, that's the update....

					Ben Patterson 86' 16v
Ben Patterson 				Pager - (650)794-8868
Networking/Macintosh			LiNCS - (650)725-4630
Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
CRC-LiNCS/ITSS				Stanford University

"Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries."
					- Wayne, from Wayne's World -