My MK1 is alive!

Some of you may know that I aquired an 81 Scirocco a few months ago. The
engine (1.7) was in some bad shape, so I decided to swap in a 1.8 JH that
I had.  Well, many weekends of working have paid off!  Last night I did
some final timing checks and turned the key...at first it just cranked.
Then Daun and I (Daun Yeagley) realized that the distributor was off 180
degrees...I had the rotor backwards!  Oops.  So, then I tried it again and
vrrooom!  It started right up!  I was soooo happy to have it running
again. Now all that is left is to bleed the brakes and further adjust the
timing and idle.  This will be done this weekend.  I really can't wait to
get the roc back on the road!  I think that I am so exited because I have
never done a project like this before...and it started up almost on the
first try(minus that little distributor oops).  So, just thought that some
of you might like to know that another MK1 is running and ready to be
restored!!

=====