Re: Shaved door handles

--- HuMpnYoMoM@aol.com wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is illegal to shave your door
> handles in Maryland?
>
> Justin
> '86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L

I doubt if it's illegal in MD. I'll look a my driver's
book sometime  (I got one last time I was at MVA). The
law writers probably never anticipated anything like
that.

But if you're really worried about stuff like that,
any non US DOT approved lighting is technically
illegal (such as euro MK2 lights or euro TS).

As are many of the common mods that are made by folks
on this list. It is even technically illegal to swap
trannies for a non-original one (wide ratio for close
ratio, etc.)

Thankfully most of these nutty laws are seldom
enforced. I think that many of these laws are
absolutely insane . . .

I've never seen these laws enforced (hell, in MD they
don't seem to enforce much outside of the inspection
that must be done when you buy a car. I see these
F*ckers all the time with improperly aimed "fog" or
driving lights - the cops never seem to care about
this stuff . . . )

I saw a pickup last month that I could see through
(yeah, rusty).

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)