Back from Visa SportsCar Race or How even Acura racers can't shake the bad taste disease

Well, I got back from two days of the Visa SportsCar race at
Laguna Seca.  WOW.  I went last and both times I walk away
amazed.  Porsche was pretty much lagging in the prototype class,
Panoz and BMW LMP were neck and neck the whole race for the
lead with the Ferrari 333SP in 5th. Alas there were no Audi R8r's
present and there was the one Porsche GT-1.  On Saturday they
had the Speedvision World Challenge.  The field consisted of
mostly Acura Integra GS-R's, which won.  Granted they had fast
cars, but I still don't have to like them, especially since one of
teams transporters was a Volvo semi with an Acura symbol
plastered on the grill.  The racers are no different than the posers
on the streets when it comes to false badging...Yuck!!!!!
There were some very nice Vdubs there.  A silver GTI with a 1.8t
bading on it.  Don't know if it was just turbocharged or if it was
indeed a 1.8T engine.  A nice all blacked out Corrado SLC, the
New D. supercharged VR6 Passat wagon, a very poor-taste Jetta III
automatic 2.0L with 17" Superturismos, a couple of really clean
GTI's one was a silver MK1 and a black MK4.
Hopefully I've have some pictures some if they turn out ok.
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm