Re: Speedworld challenge! (Additional info.)

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:48:00 -0700 Kevin Collins <kevinc@flashcom.net>
writes:

>Sean, are you instructing on Saturday?

Yes! I shall be dictating, uh, I mean instructing an ALL VW ONLY class on
saturday. Sunday Potterman will take over my class and teach them
something. I dunno what because you will learn everything you will need
to beat Mike on any given day with a lesser car on your first autox
event.   : )

>If so I want to get some runs
>with you, then Doug (to straighten out any bad habits I may have
>picked up in the first runs..  :0 ).  Apparently Potter will be
instructing
>on Sunday.. they're not sure if they are going to make it up Saturday
>or not.

Saturday he might pop in for a few but his schedule is pretty full. (I
want him to drive my car on Hoosiers so maybe he will stop by.)
I plan on hooking up everybody with as much seat time as you can stand.
The way it will work is round robin style with one area being a slalom
section, increasing/decreasing radius, lane change, skid pad and a few
other items. (Not sure what they will have.) IOf you have a G-meter pro,
or can convince Mike to find mine (the bastard!) we can get some good
data. Otherwise just expect to learn-learn-learn! (And most of all, have
fun.)

Paul and his wife Barb will be there with my Roc so I will make it a
point to take you for a ride in a semi setup car.

>HEY - on a related note - did y'all see that the NFL awarded the new
>franchise to Houston today?  The latest LA -snip-

While i love the site, Cal Club needs to pick up the pace a little and
either modernize or quit. The last event had over 280 drivers. The first
run group was 2 hours long. 4th ran at 2:30! I wish they would run more
events at Norton, I like that site better. Still, HP is a good site its
just on the border of being too far to go for me to make it worth it.

If you locals haven't seen the run group list for the Oct 23rd event,
check out who is co-chair of the event! (Say it now, get it out of the
way, "OH SHIT"!)
See you guys saturday, EARLY!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and