Re: Black trim enhancer?

archive@porknet.fdns.net wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I recently bought some spray silicone lubricant for my sunroof (worked
> great, btw), and I noted one of its qualities was it turned things that
> were black into a very appealing dark black. I was cautious because I've
> heard certain chemicals that do this can attack plastics, rubber, etc. But
> in my little bit of experimentation, it really improved the looks of my
> car....
>
> I've also heard good things about "black magic" and other
> products...anybody have a favorite product they'd like to share?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Toby
>
> --

Yeah, Once again Brett's da' Man. Don't use Silicon on
vinyl/rubber/plastic items. Just fore the reasons mentioned. Use it as a
lube only.

In fact the Forever Black kit you'll want to start with is the
cleaner/applicator kind. THe cleaner is expressly intended to REMOVE
SILICON before you put the good stuff on with something like a shoe
polish bottle.

Works great. After a wash the other day I hit it w/ some Klasse
(non-silicon I believe) I got on a lark from ND and it took it back up a
notch.

Use de' right stuff me bro.

TBerk