Re: P&P and Rebuilding 16V head.

<x-flowed>
    Ok--if you've got the cash I would recomend having someone port and
polish your head.  If you are looking to get the most bang for your
buck--p&p may only really get the returns your looking for from a turbo
motor.  Milling the head can be done fairly cheap at a shop (60 bucks or so)
Milling down near its final tollerance level will raise your compression a
half point.  But seeing as the 16v head will already give you 10:1
compression--rasing it to 10.5:1 is probably going to be more trouble than
its worth.  But hey--like I've said before...it depends on how much its
worth to you...
    If you have a used head with a few miles on it-- you might as well
replace the valve guides--valves and lifters-- if they are warn.  This wont
set you back too much and you can probably do this all your self if you can
get ahold of an air hammer.