Re: [elec] bad ground problem '81 16v

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, T Berk wrote:

> Dave Novak wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I'm convinced the problem lies within a bad ground somewhere in my car.
> <snip>
> >
> > -Dave
> > '81 Scirocco 16v
> > '87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon
>
> What it sounds like to -me- is a bad hall sensor in the dist.

Having just gone NUTS with my roommates Rabbit trying to figure out it's
random stalling problem (seemed classic fuel pump, but I was wrong), it
deteriorated into the same symptoms you have now Dave.  I couldn't figure
it out, never had a hall sender go bad on me.  Roommate took it to a
mechanic, diagnosed it in 5 min, yes I felt stupid.  Try a new distributor
Dave!

Eric