Re: [elec] bad ground problem '81 16v

<x-flowed>>Having just gone NUTS with my roommates Rabbit trying to figure out it's
>random stalling problem (seemed classic fuel pump, but I was wrong), it
>deteriorated into the same symptoms you have now Dave.  I couldn't figure
>it out, never had a hall sender go bad on me.  Roommate took it to a
>mechanic, diagnosed it in 5 min, yes I felt stupid.  Try a new distributor

Sorry to doubt you, but the 16v I just popped in there ran perfect in the
Jetta it came from.

The hall sender tests out a-ok, too. I swear it's a problem with the
electricals of the car, not the electricals of the engine.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon