Re: vacuum advance

<x-flowed>The vacuum lines should be hooked up as follows: retard on the backside of
the canister should be hooked to constant vacuum i.e. the same line that
goes to the brake booster. the advance should be hooked to the variable
vacuum on the throttle body. HTH

>From: "Bart Davis" <dynamopete@hotmail.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: vacuum advance
>Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 00:08:54 PST
>
>Ok--question for you all out there.  Anyone been curious enough to switch
>the vacuum lines on the dist?  I've got a 87 cabbie engine in my 81 S--with
>dual advance.  It would seem that the correct setup according to the bently
>book retards the timing as the pedal is pushed and manifold vacuum
>increases.  When I swapped the two vacuum lines the car felt like it gained
>a few HP.  I'm guessing that this is going to be screwing up some sort of
>emmision control...but hey--its worth a try.  Has anyone tried this...?
>
>Bart

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco